The summer is approaching and zucchini too… and we will have them for several months yet. During this time I would like to share with you different recipes. When a vegetable remains for a long time on the market benches or in our home vegetable garden, we need to use our creativity to cook it in different ways. Today here is a zucchini parmigiana with basil pesto.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- zucchini 17,6 oz
- mixed fresh cheese (like mozzarella, caciotta or stracchino) 8,8 oz
- parmesan cheese 7 oz (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of wehat flour
- salt q.s.
- pepper q.s.
for the basil pesto:
- 1 bouquet of basil
- a handful of pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- Clean zucchini and cut them into small slices as thin as you can.
- Put them on a plate and cover with flour.
- Cut in small cubes all the cheese.
- Blend tha basil leaves with pine nuts, salt and extra virgin olive oil. You have to obtain a cream.
- Heat the oven 356F (fanned).
- Cover a baking pan with baking paper and start placing zucchini slices. Add some salt and pepper.
- Cover with pesto and cheese and place the second layer zucchini crossing the first.
- Continue with other layers till you’ve finished the ingredients: remember to end with cheese.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil and cook for about 15/20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for other 10 minutes.
- Let zucchini rest out of the oven for 2 or 3 minutes and serve them warm.