I’m always looking for 0 Km products, and a few weeks ago I met a women who has a farm just 15 minutes from my house … also be reached by bicycle on a bike path in the wonderful nature of the first hills near Modena, Torre Maina. Here, under the ancient tower, I discovered the Organic and Natural Farm of Stefania Severi https://www.facebook.com/Azienda-Agricola-Biologica-Naturale-899417386797154/ . After a walking around the farm, accompanied by the scent of flowering plants and freshly cut grass and listening to Stefania’s story, I bought some different ancient grain’s wholemeal, chickpeas and spelt. With this spring recipe I’d like to present you the wonderful organic Dicocco spelt, in a very elegant form.
Ingredients (4 people):
- Dicocco spelt 8,4 oz
- vegetable broth 2 lt
- ½ leek
- 1 carrrot
- asparagus 7,5 oz
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh thyme
for the complement sauce:
- 20 basil’s leafs
- 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 toasted hazelnuts
- 10 salted capers
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and salt; cook the spelt for about 45 minutes (or look for the cooking time on the package).
- During this time prepare the vegetables: wash them and cut into small cubes. Possibly the same size for all.
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a clove of garlic.
- Sautè the vegetables in the same pan for about 5 min; salt and put aside 4 tablespoons of vegetables cubes to use them to garnish the plate.
- Drip the spelt and sautè with the vegetables for one min.
- Blend the basil’s leafs, the oil, the toasted hazelnuts and the capers all together to prepare the complement sauce.
- Put in the centre of the plate a professional presentation cooking ring and press inside the spelt to obtain a single portion.
- Then sprinkle randomly other diced vegetables on the surface of the plate and add some coffee spoons of the basil’s sauce. Finish with some thyme’s leafs.