Melon is really one of my favorite fruits. In summer my body feels more the need to eat foods rich of water. The colorful salad I’m sharing with you today can be a creative idea to combine this fruit with seasonal vegetables and basil, more fragrant than ever, in this time of year. Enjoy your meal 😉
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- ½ small melon
- 1/2 Tropea onion
- 4 San Marzano small tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 bunch head of fresh salad
- some basil leaves
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- poppy seeds q.s.
- Wash all the vegetables carefully.
- Cut the cucumber to juilienne.
- Cut the carrot into thin strips, helping yourself with a potato peeler.
- Cut tomatoes into cubes.
- Wash the basil and keep some leaves apart.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Cut the melon in half and discard the seeds; helping yourself with a spoon, obtain irregular thin slices.
- Coarsely chop the salad leaves into a bowl, add the other ingredients and season with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and poppy seeds.