Today, with this simply recipe, we are going to combine cornmeal mush, a traditional “poor” italian food, tofu, from East, and pineappple, the most famous exotic fruit. As you know, with Gusto Vegetariano, we propose a natural vegetarian cuisine, using Km 0 products. But sometimes we make exceptions, because our intent is also to help different cultures to meet up in the kitchen 😉
We hope you will enjoy this recipe and you will be exited to try new combinations using feoreign and equosolidal products.
- 1/4 of pineapple
- tofu 7,05 oz
- 1/4 onion
- instant whole corn flour 7,5 oz
- vegetable broth 1 lt
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt q.s.
- pepper q.s.
- Peel and cut pineapple into cubes.
- Cut tofu into cubes (same size of pineapple).
- Finely chop the onion.
- Sweat the onion in a pan with two tablespoons of oil.
- Add pineapple, tofu and 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and cook for about two minutes.
- Now, prepare the cornmeal mush: bring vegetable broth to a boil.
- Pour the corn flour and mix vigorously with a whisk to avoid the formation of clumps; cook for a few minutes (as indicated on the packaging); season with olive oil and salt if necessary.
- Serve hot polenta with tofu and pineapple; add a few leaves of fresh thyme and a sprinkling of pepper.