Passatelli are a typical dish of two regions of Italy: Marche and Emilia Romagna; traditionally served in meat broth, we can also taste this recipe in different vegetarian versions, without broth, with the most varied seasonings: with vegetables, with truffles, with a cream of legumes or, as in this case, with baked mushrooms on tasty green spinach bechamel. This version has an extra feature: instead of wheat flour, it contains chestnut flour. I hope you like them 🙂
Ingredients (for 4 people):
for the passatelli:
- bread crumbs 100 gr
- chestnut flour 100 gr
- grated parmesan cheese 100 gr
- 3 eggs
- one pinch of nutmeg
for the bechamel:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 3 glasses of vegetable drink (soy, oat or almond)
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- fresh spinaches 350 gr
- salt q.s.
- nutmeg q.s.
for the dressing:
- champignon mushrooms 300 gr
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- some leaves of fresh parsley
- 1 lemon (only peel)
- Wash the spinach and cook in boiling water for 5/6 minutes; drain them under cold water and squeeze them well; keep aside.
- Heat the milk for the bechamel in a saucepan.
- Prepare the roux in a saucepan: heat the oil and add the flour turning with a whisk.
- Add the warm milk gradually and out of the fire; keep mixing with the whisk; put again the saucepan on the heat and stir until you have obtained the right consistency for the bechamel (it will take a few minutes).
- Now let’s color the becahmel: add the spinach, 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and nutmeg.
- Preheat convection oven at 180 ° C/ 356F.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices: lay them on a slightly oiled pan and bake for about 15 minutes; season to taste and keep warm.
- Now prepare the mixture for passatelli: mix all the ingredients together (bread, flour, parmesan and eggs); create the passatelli, laying them on a paper tray, helping with a potato masher.
- Bring the water to a boil, add salt and throw the passatelli, cooking them until they come up to the surface.
- Drain and season them with a tablespoon of oil; serve them on the warm green bechamel and cover with some mushrooms, the fresh parsley and some grated lemon peel.