For those who are looking for a good alternative to cow’s milk or for those who want to make some lighter preparations, such as béchamel, crépes, pancakes … here is a vegetable drink with the right characteristics: do you remember almond milk? http://www.gustovegetariano.com/en/almond-drink/ Well … even the oat groats, after a few hours soaking, can be transformed, with a juice extractor, into an excellent drink.
Now you just have to choose the best way to use it 😉
- 200 gr raw organic oat groats
- 800 gr water
- Put the oat groats in a bowl, cover with fresh water, and leave to soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Rinse the oats and throw out the soaking water; add 800 gr of natural water.
- Using a ladle, gradually pour into the juice extractor, oat grains and water together.
- Remember: after using the juice extractor for making this nice vegetable drink, pay attention to the cleaning phase. The oat will produce a very sticky scrap, so it will be important to wash the juice extractor with more attention.