Here we are in the middle of autumn. The street’s markets are covered of new colors….Now we are reached from the green of broccoli, chards, spinaches, chicory…then from the white of cauliflowers, fennels, leeks….from the purple of some cabbages and then from the orange of pumpkins. Today a simply colored recipe wich can warm in an autumn day: pasta with pumpkin, potates and leek, seasoned with sage, thymes and pistachio nuts. Enjoy it 😉
Ingredients (4 people):
- conchiglie pasta 12,5 oz
- pumpkin 7 oz
- potatoes 7 oz
- leek 3,5 oz
- fresh thyme
- fresh sage
- 4 coffee spoons of crushed pistachio nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the leek and cut pumpkin and potato in cubes.
- Lightly fry the leek with two tablespoons of olive oil and add the vegetable cubes.
- Cook for about ten minutes adding half glass of water.
- Add some salt and keep aside.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mince sage and thyme.
- After salting the water, add pasta and cook considering 2/3 minutes less than the time indicated on the package.
- Drain pasta (keeping some cooking water) and put into the pan with the vegetables and, on a high fire, sautè gradually adding some cooking water for another minute; finally add sage and thyme.
- Serve with pistachio nuts.