Since I was married, me and my husband we’ve been visiting Liguria in different moments of the year: one of the typical dishes of this region that I like best and which I never give up is “farinata”, a delicious specialty made with chickpea flour. It is a simple gluten-free recipe, which you can decide to transform in many ways. Today we start with a “basic” version topped with oil, rosemary and salt, to serve as an entrée, before starting a meal.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- chickpea flour 200 gr
- natural water 600 gr
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- Put chickpea flour and water in a bowl; mix well with a whisk and let it rest overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven at the maximum grill mode temperature.
- Salt the batter and add some tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Grease a pan of about 20×30 cm: it must have a thick and heavy bottom.
- Mince the rosemary.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture, add the rosemary and cook for about 6/7 minutes: should have a crust around and have been cooked well on the surface; continue until the batter will be finished.
- Fold farinata in 2 and serve as an appetizer or for a light lunch, accompanied by a fresh salad.