I have already told you that in some part of the year, I have the habit to follow a gluten-free diet: corn and rice cakes are quite gratifying, as substituted of bread… I like the crunchy noise they make when you bite them. But I’m always looking for new recipes, made with gluten-free flours. This is a nice alternative to rice and corn cakes: crispy quinoa crackers with mixed seeds 🙂
Ingredients (for about 50 crackers):
- mixed seeds (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin) 7 oz
- quinoa flour 3,5 oz
- extra virgin olive oil 1,05 oz
- water 10,5 oz
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat fan oven at 300 F.
- Stir the seeds, roughly chopping the larger ones, such as pumpkin seeds.
- Add quinoa flour, oil and salt.
- Add 10,5 oz of natural water.
- Cover a baking pan (40×30 cm) with paper baking sheet and oil; pour half the mixture and spread it evenly: the thickness must be at most 2/3 mm.
- Bake for 25 minutes; then, cut crackers of the desired size and shape.
- It may happen that the outer thinner parts would be already cooked: you can remove and crumble them. You will have a great crunchy to flavor a salad or a vegetable cream.
- Cook again for another 25 minutes.