When you have the opportunity to leave near a market of organic and km 0 producers, you can choose from a large variety of products, which generally you don’t see in a traditional supermarket, because unfortunately it is all a bit standardised. These varieties always amaze and are good inspirations for creative recipes. For example, with a bunch of colored chards like these, look what a wonderful dish you can prepare …. 🙂
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1 bunch of colored chards
- fresh ginger
- 1 organic orange
- 1 handful of toasted almonds
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt q.s.
- Mince the ginger, the organic half orange zest and a handful of toasted almonds; keep aside.
- Wash the chards.
- Cook chards in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool chards; then squeeze them to expell water in excess.
- Sauté for 3 minutes, in a pan with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a clove of garlic.
- Add ginger, orange zest and a pinch of salt and cook for a minute more.
- Serve chards with a sprinkling of almonds.