Brussels sprouts … what can I say? I find them beautiful and good … they can be cooked in many ways: steamed, stewed, baked. They also contain a good amount of minerals, proteins, fibers and vitamins. Their taste can be a bit too bitter for someone; in this recipe we add some carrots and raisins that will bring to the plate a nice sweet note.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Brussels sprouts 10,5 oz
- 4 small carrots
- one pinch of raisins
- one pinch of toasted minced almonds
- ghee q.s.
- mixed seeds q.s.
- salt q.s.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and cut them in two parts; peel and cut carrots… look what wonderful colors and how nice are they, together 😉
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan and add the vegetables; cover with a lid; cook slowly over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring them occasionally.
- Meanwhile, toast the mixed seeds in a pan: be careful … someone will crack and jump out … then blend with salt in a mixer (1 part salt and 3 parts of seeds): this will be your special seasoning for the stew.
- Soak the raisins for a few minutes; then add it to the stew and sauté the vegetables for another two minutes.
- Season vegetables with the mix of seeds and salt; finally add almonds; you will get a really nice dish, sweet and salty with a crunchy taste.