Welcome spring! How wonderful is the first blooming trees with the awakening nature; how exciting is find the first vegetables of the new season at the market. Let’s start, for example, to celebrate the arrival of asparagus: they have excellent purifying properties and a high content of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. In addition they are simple and quick to cook and they can be prepared in different ways: in a risotto, on a quiche, for a cream or omelettes …. Today a quick recipe for an asparagus cream with lemon and mint flavor. Enjoy your meal 😉
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- asparagus 14 oz
- 3 medium potatoes
- ¼ onion
- one lemon
- mint leaves
- 3 slices of semi whole bread
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- Cut bread into sticks and toast them in oven for 5 minutes.
- Wash and peel the asparagus stems; cut them into small pieces, keeping some tips aside; discard the most fibrous white part.
- Put the tips in oven (356F) for about 5 minutes and keep aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Sweet the onion for a few minutes.
- Add asparagus and potatoes and cover with water; bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Room to taste and blend until you get a smooth cream.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves, asparagus tips, the toasted bread, lemon zest and oil.