A simple and quick recipe to prepare: colorful and tasty, to serve as an appetizer. The encounter between chicory, a bit bitter, and sweet pumpkin on a slice of good homemade toasted bread. Here it is a nice bruschetta enriched with pecorino cheese and a few drops of extra old balsamic vinegar from Modena.
Enjoy your meal 😉
Ingredients (for 12 bruschette):
- Pumpkin 300 gr
- Chicory 300 gr
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt q.s.
- One clove of garlic
- 12 slises of toasted bread
- Old balsamic vinegar from Modena
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- Sauté in a pan with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and a clove of garlic for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the chicory and cut it into small pieces.
- Add the chicory to the pumpkin and cook for another 5/7 minutes.
- Season to taste, discard the garlic and keep aside.
- Turn on the oven at 180 °C/356F grill mode.
- Place two tablespoons of vegetables on each slice of bread and some thin slices of pecorino cheese.
- Grill for about one minute, or until the cheese has melted: be careful .. do not burn everything 😉
- Serve with a some drops of extra old balsamic vinegar.