In Italy hot summer is at the end and when the sun go down I start to feel the desire to have a nice and soft scarf to put on shoulders….Also in the kitchen, in this period of the year, I use to cook vegetable soups or pureed soups, like this one I’m sharing today. This recipe is also enriched with toasted bread cubes, sheep ricotta and chieves. Enjoy 🙂
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 4 zucchini
- 2 medium potatoes
- a quarter onion
- 2 slices semi whole bread
- 4 tablespoons sheep ricotta
- extra virgin olive oil
- Chop onion.
- Clean and cut zucchini.
- Peel and cut potatoes.
- Sear onion in a pot with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add zucchini and potatoes; cover with water; when comes to a boil, cook for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven 356F; cut bread in cubes and lay it on a pan with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Toast bread for about 10 minutes.
- Chop up chieves.
- Blend vegetables and season to taste; put the cream into soup plates and serve with a tablespoon of ricotta, some bread cubes and chieves.