When the days get very hot during the summer, I usually cook in the coolest hours, dishes that I can serve cold for lunch or dinner. Today I suggest you this nice match, which I decided to call “Tao” rice, consisting of two varieties of rice: the semi-whole Balilla and the Black Venere. Adding coloured raw vegetables and tofu will be a delicious dish to enjoy in this time of the year.
Ingredients (4 people):
- Venere black rice 2,8 oz
- Balilla semi whole rice 2,8 oz
- Natural tofu 3,5 oz
- 1 small red sweet pepper
- 1 small yellow sweet pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- a piece of fresh ginger
- 1 lemon (peel only)
- 1 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- Cook the two varieties of rice separately in salted abundant boiling water (it will takes about 15 minutes for Balilla and 18/20 minutes for Venere).
- In the meantime cut tofu into little cubes.
- Clean the vegetables and cut them the same size cubes as tofu.
- Mix vegetables and tofu; add some extra virgin olive oil, salt, fresh basil, one clove of garlic (you will discard it befor serving), fresh ginger and lemon peel grated to flavour.
- Strain rice: first the white then the black one.
- Put in a large bowl, all together the two varieties of rice.
- Add vegetbales and tofu; put on top pine nuts and serve it room temperature or leave it in the fridge as you prefer.