A simply and fast recipe to warm and color these cold and grey autumn days 🙂 With few ingredients we are going to prepare a pumpkin and cauliflower cream with whole grain oat flour, a pinch of sweet paprika and fresh ginger. Enjoy it.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- pumpkin 500 gr
- cauliflower 300 gr
- leek 100 gr
- fresh ginger
- sweet paprika
- whole grain oat flour
- salt q.s.
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Cut pumpkin and cauliflower into pieces.
- Slice the leek and fry it lightly in a saucepan with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the pumpkin and cauliflower and cover with water; wait until it reaches the boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Put 4 tablespoons of whole grain oat flour in another saucepan; gradually add 4 glasses of broth (obtained from pumpkin and cauliflower) and with a whisk turn until all the lumps are removed.
- Cook until you get a creamy mixture ; room to taste.
- Now blend the vegetables removing first the water in excess (keep it to cook a risotto); you’ll get an orange cream.
- Mix together the orange cream with the oat mixture; serve with some grated fresh ginger and sweet paprika powder; if you have a handful toasted almonds in your pantry, you can mince them and give to the recipe a nice crunchy note.