These beautiful round zucchini are perfect to be stuffed. You can use a classic gratin filling with breadcrumbs, egg and cheese, or making a version like this one, vegan and gluten-free, using almonds and teff.
- 4 round zucchini
- 70 g teff
- 100 g toasted almonds
- 7/8 dried tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- Cut in half the zucchini, empty them of their inner part (which you can reuse for making a pureed vegetables soup) and cook them with steam; let them cool down and put them on a baking tray greased with extra virgin olive oil.
- Rinse the teff and put it in a pot filled with cold water; bring it to a boil and let it cook for about 20 minutes; put salt in it (as you like); let it cool.
- In a mixer, chop up the almonds finely.
- Add teff, parsley, sage and dried tomatoes and activate again the blades until obtaining a creamy mixture which you’ll use to fill the zucchini.
- Fill the zucchini; sprinkle them with a bit of oil and cook them in convection oven at 200° C / 392° F, for about 20/25 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm zucchini with a fresh salad.