Panzanella is a typical dish of Central Italy. It’s a simple recipe with summer ingredients. There are several versions, depending on the region of origin. I encourage you to try this variant in glass, that is very elegant to serve as appetizer. I hope you like it: I preferred not to dank bread, but leave it crispy … Anyway, you can choose to add it at the end, to create a contrast note between the different consistencies, or mix it together with the vegetables, to soften with their seasoning. Be inspired, and create your favorite version. 🙂
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Datterini tomatoes 10,6 oz
- 1 cucumber
- 1 celery heart
- 1 fresh red onion
- 30 black olives
- 30 capers
- 15 basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- apple vinegar q.s.
- salt q.s.
- pepper q.b.
- whole weat bread
- Toast bread and cut into little cubes; put it in a bowl and season with extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Clean the vegetables and wash the basil.
- Cut datterini, cucumber and celery; slice onion very thin.
- Wash capers and olives; mince them alll together.
- Chop basil leaves using hands; add them, all together with capers and olives, to the vegetables.
- Using a vase with hermetic cap, prepare an emulsion of ¼ apple vinegar, ¾ extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper…season vegetables.
- Serve this tasty salad in a glass, putting on top the crispy bread. Look what wonderful colours and fragrance.