Millet…someone think it’s animal feed 🙂 and when I say that I cook it, sometimes people get very surprised. In my son’s school, the wonderful cook prepare it in a very tasty way: children call it “Exqueezy” (a funny way to say exquisite). With this recipe I mix it together with other ingredients to prepare vegetarian croquettes. With a fresh summer salad becomes a really special dish to serve.
Ingredients (for 4 croquettes):
- millet 1,8 oz
- feta cheese 1,8 oz
- half sweet red pepper
- half onion
- 2 stems fresh thyme
- 1 stems fresh mint
- 5 stems fresh parsley
- fresh ginger half inch
- ½ cup pine nuts
- salt q.s.
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook millet in salted boiling water for about 20 minutes; drip and cool. This is a step you can do also some hours before, keeping millet in the fridge ready to use for this recipe.
- When you will be ready to cook the croquettes, proceed putting in a mixer the red pepper, the onion and the aromatic herbs (only leaves).
- In a bowl add the minced, feta cheese, grated ginger, a half cup of pine nuts and two tablespoons of chickpea flour to the millet.
- Create a uniform mix and prepare 4 croquettes.
- Cook in a large pan with extra virgin olive oil for about 2 minutes per part; in this kind of mixture, the sweet pepper will release water so I suggest to use it immediately so you won’t have to add flour …. It will change the taste of these croquettes. ;-).
- Serve with a fresh salad.