Rye is a cereal that is rarely used in grains, but that goes extraordinarily well with this legume soup. Trying it, you will also enjoy its benefits and properties, and make a more creative and various cuisine. I hope this recipe can positively amaze you: sometimes we need to be more curious to try and discover new recipes. 🙂
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Green lentils 100 g
- 1/2 cauliflower
- Pulp of pumpkin 200 g
- Beans 200 g
- Half leek
- 3 fresh hot chili peppers
- Rye 200 g
- Tomatoe puree (2 cup)
- Vegetable broth q.s.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the rye for 24 hours; rinse it under running water; put the rye in a pot with cold broth: bring to a boil and cook for about an hour; drain, salt to taste and set aside.
- Wash pumpkin and cauliflower; cut into small pieces.
- Wash the leek, cut it into thin slices and soften it in a saucepan; add the washed lentils and the rest of the vegetables with the beans and chopped chillies; cover them with vegetable broth, add two cups of tomato sauce; cook for about half an hour from the boil.
- Blend one part to make the mixture creamy and add the rye grains.
- Keep on low heat for a few minutes and serve the soup with fresh parsley.