It will also happen to you to find yourself in the kitchen with no idea of what you’re going to prepare for dinner, and especially with an empty fridge and a few fresh raw materials available. Well today, I’ll give you a new recipe for a spicy chili, that needs only a few ingredients. A vegan version that with a white rice or a piadina, as in this case, allows you to obtain a unique and complete dish. If you have no time you can use canned beans, while if you have more time you can proceed as described in this case starting with dry beans. Enjoy 😉
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 250 gr of mixed dry beans
- 150 gr of tomato sauce
- ½ onion
- 1 coffee spoon of chili pepper
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- mint and basil leaves
- Soak the beans for one night.
- Drain the beans and wash.
- Cook in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes.
- Chop the onion and sweet in a saucepan with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add precooked and drained beans.
- Cover with tomato sauce and a spoonfull of their cooking water.
- Cook for about 15/20 minutes, until the water has evaporated; the beans must be creamy and not too dry.
- Add salt and chili to taste.
- Serve them with mint and basil leaves: you can also use parsley or coriander as you like.