I’ve met pancakes for the first time during a study holiday in England, many years ago ☺ Since then they have become a very special way to start a day.
Pancakes represent in our family a really “Special” breakfast. Generally, I prepare them with my children, on Sunday mornings, when there’s no school and the awakening is more gradual …. This is a vegan version, accompanied by the first strawberries of the season and some mint leaves. I will certainly publish many other variations … Meanwhile try this and tell me if you like 😉
Ingredients (for 8 pancakes):
- flour 2,9 oz
- ½ tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp bakin powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- oat drink 3,5 oz
- strawberries 7 oz
- mint leaves
- concentrate apple juice (or maple syrup)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add oat drink and mix the ingredients.
- Wash and cut strawberries and keep them aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of mixture and wait for bubbles on the surface; turn pancakes and cook them on the other side.
- Serve them with strawberries, mint leaves and apple juice.