Rice rolls are a very interesting preparation: they are tasty and they can be transformed in many ways. You can choose for different fillings and create your special accompanying sauce: spicy like this, or sweeter, if you want to conquer your children. In summer they are excellent even raw; their taste will be more delicate. This is the fried version 😉
Ingredients (for 6 rolls):
- baby spinaches 8,8 oz
- natural tofu 3,5 oz
- 6 rice paper wrappers
- pistachio powder 1,4 oz
- fresh ginger
- 2 clove of garlic
- soy sauce q.s.
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
for the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of concentrated apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cut tofu into cubes and put it in a bowl with a few tablespoons of soy sauce and extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash baby spinaches; heat some olive oil in a deep pan with a clove of garlic; add spinaches and cook for about 5 minutes stirring; keep them aside discarding the garlic.
- In the same pan heat some oil with a clove of garlic and sauté tofu cubes for about 5 minutes; add grated ginger and season.
- Mix tofu, spinaches and pistachio powder in a bowl: this will be the filling of your rolls.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water; soak one rice paper for about 30 seconds; put two tablespoons of filling in the centre, then fold the edges over and roll into a log; make the same for other 5 rice paper wrappers.
- Prepare an emulsion by combining all the ingredients in the sauce.
- Heat a pan and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil: cook the rolls until they are golden on both sides.
- Serve with your special sweet and sour sauce.