Hi everyone, here is a recipe to prepare a special red quinoa salad. An explosion of colours: red, orange, white, green…..really inviting.
- Half a cup of red quinoa
- 1 fennel
- A few leavs of mixed salad
- 1 orange
- 1/3 cup og raisins
- A pinch of salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Vegetal broth (for the quinoa)
- Prepare a vegetal broth with all the vegetables you have at home: carrot, celery, onion, a chard leaf…
- Cook 1 part of quinoa in 3 parts of broth.
- Peal the orange: With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith. Working over a salad bowl, cut the segments from their surrounding membrane; sqeeze the part that remain and keep the juice to soften the raisins. (see the pictures)
- Wash the fennel and the mixed salad.
- Cut the fennel very thin.
- Mix all together the red quinoa, the fennel, the mixed salad, the orange’s cloves and the raisins.
- Put the orange juice in a bowl and add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Prepare an emulsion to dress the salad.