Another recipe remembering India: naan, a very simple dough, rolled out like piadina, but baked enriched with sesame seeds. Finally seasoned with ghee (http://www.gustovegetariano.com/en/clarified-butter-ghee/). I find naan a very nice alternative to bread. Easy and fast to prepare, can be consumed warm as an appetizer or together with legumes and vegetables.
- whole wheat flour 125 gr
- wheat flour type “0” 125 gr
- 2 coffee spoons of baking powder
- 1 coffee spoon of salt
- 3 coffee spoons of sunflower oil
- water 175 ml
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (or mixed seeds as you like)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter)
- Mix all ingredients together (except sesame seeds and ghee).
- Rest for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat convection oven to 250 °C/ 482°F.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls of the same size.
- Spread each ball into discs about half centimeter thin; place the discs on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Brush the surface of water and cover with some sesame seeds.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Before serving, let melt a coffee spoon of ghee on the warm surface.