Another time so many colors on our table, with this flan that you can eat as a simply starter or as a second course. We are going to serve it on a violet béchamel, with purple cabbage. Finally we will garnish with some parmesan slices and walnuts. Enjoy 😉
Ingredients (for 6 flans):
For the flans:
- Cauliflower 10,5 oz
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta
- Parmesan cheese 1,05 oz
- 3 eggs
- salt q.s.
- pepper q.s.
For the béchamel:
- 3 glasses of almond milk
- Extra virgin olive oil 1,05 oz
- Flour 1,05 oz
- Purple cabbage 7,05 oz
- Some thin slices of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Chopped walnuts
- Preheat convection oven at 320F.
- Wash cauliflower and steam it for about 15 minutes.
- When cooked, let it cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the béchamel: wash and slice finely the purple cabbage; stew it in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan.
- Toast the flour with the oil in another saucepan and add the warm milk gradually, stirring with a whisk, to avoid clumps.
- When the mixture reaches the boil keep on stirring until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, add purple cap, a pinch of salt, one tablespoons of parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil and blend to give the cream a violet color.
- Now you can finish the flans: blend cauliflower, with the eggs, ricotta and Parmigiano Reggiano; add salt and pepper as you like.
- Stain with oil the molds and fill them with the mixture; cook bain-marie for about 30 minutes (remember to pour into the pan, a quantity of water that covers at least half the molds).
- Put some béchamel on the bottom of the plate and with a spoon create the splash (as we did in the previous recipe of lasagna … remember?); decorate with slices of Parmesan, walnuts and raw extra virgin olive oil.