If I say “Caprese”, everybody knows what I’m talking about: mozzarella, tomato and basil. But today there are so many ways to revisit this famous dish. With this recipe I propose you to use glasses to create the same combination with a new, tasty and nice form. You will be able to serve it also in smaller portions; blending mozzarella and cutting tomatoes, infact, give you the possibility to better organize doses for each portion as any single situation needs.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 3 San Marzano tomatoes
- mozzarella di bufala 7 oz
- cream cheese 5,2 oz
- 1 glass single cream
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
- salt q.s.
- 4 coffee spoons minced pistachio nuts
- Clean tomatoes.
- Incise them at the base of the stalks and put them into boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Cool them and peel; then cut in 4 pieces and discard the parts with the seeds (you can add them in a tomatoes sauce or in a vegetable soupe).
- Cut in cubes the pulp and put it in a bowl with a coffee spoon of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, some basil leaves and a clove of garlic.
- Cut the mozzarella and blend it with the cream cheese, the single cream and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Fill the glasses starting from cheese and putting on top tomato cubes, a basil leaf and pistachio nuts.